Pivot Point Academy - Frequently Asked Cosmetology Questions
How Long is Cosmetology School?
A Cosmetology program at Pivot Point Academy is a total of 1500 hours that is split into a variety of phases. We offer a large selection of full time classes of the Cosmetology program. View the upcoming start dates for the 1500 Hour Cosmetology program at Pivot Point Academy. Enroll in a Cosmetology program to enhance your skills in areas such as hair styling, hairdressing, skin care, Esthetics, waxing, facials, and nail care.
How Much Is Cosmetology School?
Invest in your future and sign up for a Cosmetology program today. The 1500 Hour Cosmetology program will consist of various registration, equipment, and tuition fees to ensure students have the necessary materials to become proficient in the field of Cosmetology. Enroll in a Cosmetology program to enhance your skills in areas such as hair texturizing, hairdressing, hair styling, makeup application, facials, waxing, and nail care.
How Do I Get a Cosmetology License?
The state of Illinois requires students to complete a total of 1500 hours of practice at a certified Cosmetology school to become qualified for a Cosmetology license. The Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation is responsible for overseeing the Cosmetology licensing process and the industry as a whole. After students complete their 1500 hours in a Cosmetology program, they will be required to submit their transcripts to the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation to be qualified for the examination process. All Cosmetology schools in Illinois are required by law to cover techniques such as hair types, chemicals, sin diseases, hair dying, hair conditioning, haircutting, shaping, thinning and more. Call the staff at Pivot Point Academy by phone at (847) 985-5900 to learn more about Cosmetology licenses. Sign up for a Cosmetology program at Pivot Point Academy to prepare for your future career.
What is Cosmetology School?
Our Cosmetology school and program is designed to relay the latest innovative hairdressing, hair styling, and haircutting techniques to students. Our instructors and course materials prepare students for a future career in a beauty salon or in the television and film entertainment industries. Students in the Chicago suburbs choose to attend Pivot Point Academy because of its hands-on instructors and engaging technology. Students in our Cosmetology school have access to realistic mannequins and hair to ensure our instructors are able to provide a realistic and interactive hair design experience. In addition, students have access to LAB, a robust and interactive online learning environment that helps enhance your confidence and skills. In addition to hair dressing and hair styling, the instructors in our Cosmetology school also provide lessons in areas such as makeup application, nail care, skin care, facials, waxing, and esthetics. Enroll in our Cosmetology program and school to prepare for a career as a hairdresser, salon owner, or a makeup artist for the latest television shows and movies.
How to Renew a Cosmetology License
Industry professionals such as salon hairdressers or artists in the entertainment industry will be required to renew their Cosmetology license after a specified period of time. Cosmetology licenses will expire on September 30 for all odd-numbered years in the field. Cosmetologists are given a renewal timespan of 24 months to renew their Cosmetology license prior to September 30. According to Section 1175.1200, all Cosmetologists that are currently active in the field will need to submit a Cosmetology Renewal Application and participate in a minimum of 14 hours of CE from a Cosmetology school that is registered with the Division. Cosmetologists are given a total of 2 years prior to the expiration date of their Cosmetology license to fill out the Renewal Application and attend Cosmetology classes from a Cosmetology school. Cosmetologists will also be required to pay a fee to qualify for a license renewal. The Division has the right to request additional information from applicants to confirm they meet the CE specifications. Cosmetologists may not practice hairdressing, hair styling, skin care, makeup application, or any other beauty treatments with an expired Cosmetology license. Individuals that choose to practice in the field with an expired licence may receive disciplinary actions. Call the staff at Pivot Point Academy by phone at (847) 985-5900 to learn more about Cosmetology Licenses. Enroll in a Cosmetology program today at Pivot Point Academy.
Pivot Point Academy - Frequently Asked Esthetics Questions
What is Esthetics School?
- Our Esthetica school in Bloomingdale, Illinois will help you become proficient with beauty treatments such as make-up, skin care, skin physiology, microdermabrasion, body treatments, hair removal, and facials. Prior to graduating with an Esthetician degree, students will learn about the four major skin conditions that are prominent among different age groups. These include aging, hyperpigmentation, acne and sensitive skin. Our instructors will help you earn the PCA Skin Certification to ensure you are able discuss advanced skin issues and solutions with patients.
- Students enrolled in the Esthetics school will also view a chemical peel demonstration that will display the benefits of receiving self-neutralizing peels and facials at a beauty spa. The teachers at Pivot Point Academy will inform students of how to customize skin care treatments by utilizing daily skin care products that are designed to address each patient’s issues.
- Each student in our Esthetician classes will also learn the latest makeup application techniques utilized by makeup artists in the movie, television, and fashion industries. Students will learn techniques such as foundation selection and application, how to apply false eyelashes, mascara techniques, and makeup correction methods. All of the instructors in our Esthetics program are MUD certified and are proficient with the most reliable makeup application techniques. Students that are enrolled in our Esthetics program will receive access to the necessary textbooks and online materials such as technical videos about skin care and make-up.
- All students that are enrolled at the Esthetics school at Pivot Point Academy in Bloomingdale, Illinois are required to obtain various beauty skits that contain textbooks, tools, and resources. Students will need to purchase the Pivot Point Esthetics Kit, which includes essential materials such as the Salon Fundamentals Esthetics Textbook, a tool bag, a brow or lash groomer, and 2 fan brushes. The next kit that is required at our Esthetics school is the Dermalogica Kit. This includes items such as massage cream, facial sponges, concealing spot treatment, and a MultiVitamin Power Exfoliant. Lastly, all attendees will also be asked to purchase the MUD Beauty Essentials Kit, which includes materials such as cake eyeliner, eye pencils, lipstick, manicure scissors, and foundation palettes.
- Enroll in our Esthetics program to earn an Esthetician degree and obtain your dream career.
How Do I Become an Esthetician?
In order to become an Esthetician in Illinois, all incoming students are required to attend an Esthetics program at a beauty school that is a total of 750 hours over the course of 18 weeks. Attending an Esthetics school and earning a degree will allow you to earn your dream career. An Esthetics degree will allow you to become a makeup artist, medical esthetician, cosmetics buyer, salesperson, beauty educator, or a beauty products writer. Enroll in the 750 Hour Esthetics program at Pivot Point Academy to learn more about skin care and make-up application.
What is an Esthetician’s Salary?
Careers in the field of Esthetics are predicted to grow by 25 percent nationwide, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The field of Esthetics provides endless career opportunities in areas such as skin care, hair removal, make-up, body treatments, and microdermabrasion. Various ways to boost your salary in the Esthetician industry include developing integrated marketing programs for your salon or spa, developing a reliable client base that rely on your services, and providing incomparable beauty treatments that stand apart from the competition. Enroll in an Esthetics program at Pivot Point Academy in Bloomingdale, Illinois to learn more about make-up, skin treatments, hair removal, and skin physiology.
How Long Does It Take to Become an Esthetician?
- All students are required to participate in a total of 750 hours of classroom sessions in our Esthetics program to earn an Esthetics degree. Our Esthetics courses are divided into three phases and include the MUD Makeup 84 Hour Beauty Class and Level 1 Make-up Certification. In order to become an Esthetician in Illinois, students are required to sign up for an Esthetics program with a duration of at least 18 weeks. Each student is allowed to participate in our Esthetics program for a maximum of 4 years to obtain hands-on practice. Once the Esthetics course is ending, students will have to complete written and practical exams to receive an Esthetician License from the Illinois State Board of Cosmetology.
- After obtaining an Esthetician license in Illinois, industry professionals will be required to renew their license every two years. The Esthetician license renewal process will consist of participating in 14 hours of practice to ensure each professional is informed on the latest make-up, skin care, and facial techniques. Enroll in our Esthetics school in Bloomingdale, Illinois to become an Esthetician.
How Much is Esthetician School?
Making an investment in Esthetician school is vital if you want to master the latest make-up, skin care, facial, body treatment, and microdermabrasion treatments. An Esthetician degree will allow you to earn your dream career as a skin care specialist or makeup artist for reputable salons or spas. We offer various scholarship opportunities and financial aid resources to students that meet the requirements. Enroll in our 750 Hour Esthetics Program to learn more about skin care, make-up, and more.
Pivot Point Academy - Frequently Asked Barber Questions
How to Become a Barber?
- With men looking to get the latest trending hairstyles, the barber industry is rapidly expanding in the Chicago suburbs. Professionals in the barbering industry must be proficient with the latest haircuts and hair highlighting techniques for men. In order to earn a barber license in the state of Illinois, students are required to participate in a 1500 Hour Barber program at a beauty school such as Pivot Point Academy in Bloomingdale, Illinois. The barber program at our school is designed to help students become proficient with concepts such as hair or scalp treatments, haircutting, hair styling, highlights, hair coloring, shaving, and facial or scalp massages. In order to graduate from barber school, all students must pass the final test to confirm their proficiency with haircutting, sanitation, and grooming.
- After you complete your barber class at Pivot Point Academy, you will be required to apply for the National Barbering Written Licensing Exam. Once you are approved for this test, you will have a total of 60 days to finish and pass it. This exam will test your knowledge in areas such as haircutting, styling, skin histology, draping techniques, electricity, and more. You will not be able to obtain an Illinois barber license if you earn a score below 75%. Lastly, all students will be required to submit an official application for an Illinois barber license prior to practicing in the field. You will have a total of 5 years after you complete your barber training to apply for the barber license. In addition, students will only have 1 year after passing the written test to apply for a license. You are required to renew your Illinois barber license on a biannual basis. Enroll in a barber class at Pivot Point Academy to receive your barber license and begin your dream career.
How Long is Barber School?
Barber programs are 1500 hours for all students in Illinois. Our barber program will help students become proficient with techniques such as barbershop management, bacteriology, haircutting, hair styling, light therapy, hair or scalp treatments, facial massages, hair coloring, skin disorders, and other Illinois laws or regulations. Enroll in a barber program at our beauty school to learn more about haircutting and styling.
How Much Is Barber School?
Invest in your future career by signing up for the Barber 1500 Hour or Barber 500 Hour programs at Pivot Point Academy in Bloomingdale, Illinois. The total cost of the tuition will vary depending on the program selected by students. Enroll in our barber program to enhance your skills in areas such as haircutting, skincare, shaving, hair coloring, and grooming.